Welcome to our site! We are in the process of building our blog page and will have many interesting articles to share in the coming months. Please stay tuned to this page for information to come. And …Read More
MWI Financial Assistance
Revised January 1, 2016
Dear Prospective Student,
Our goal is to provide students with the finest welding education, with a quality level far superior to that of any welding school in the nation. With this initial goal in mind, we have developed a financial assistance program to assist the student in securing funding for tuition and additional living expenses. We are not part of the Federal (Nationally Accredited) Program; therefore we do not participate in Pell Grants and/or FAFSA school loans known as “Financial Aid”. Our program is entitled “Financial Assistance Program”.
Our initial mission is to assist the prospective student in finding and securing any and all free money grants that would be applicable under each agency’s criteria for eligibility.
In order for us to assist prospective students with grants and/or tuition loans, we must first receive the Class Application Form and fee.
The grant agencies require that each individual applicant contact them directly. We do not determine your eligibility; Each agency has their own methods of determining eligibility; therefore, all we do is officially refer you directly to the office, and in some cases directly to the individual case worker. Good luck in your search for funding.
Grants and Scholarships
Here is a list of scholarships and grants for MWI. We also can use local scholarships as well. If you have any questions or need help getting in contact with these organizations, please contact the school anytime.
- UMOS – Farming Grant contact Mary Kay Merling – Office – 660-259-3432 Cell – 816-714-4333. Students qualify with recent farm work history.
- WIA – Grant through local career centers. Students must qualify according to WIA standards. Call us and we will locate an office near you.
- GAMM – gamminc.org or call Vicky at 660-213-3221. Students must qualify according to GAMM standards. Northeast Missouri students only.
- AWS Scholarship – https://scholarship.aws.org/applications/
- Mike Rowe Works Scholarship – profoundlydisconnected.com
- Vocational Rehabilitation – Grant through local office. Students must qualify for this via IEP, ADD, ADHD, etc. Call us and we will locate an office near you.
- A+ – MWI approved scholarship of $1,000.000 for having the A+ certification.
- MWI Welding Competition – Annual Welding Competition for High School Seniors held every January. Every participant receives a $1,000.00 MWI Scholarship
- National FFA Scholarships The FFA Organization awarded $2.2 MILLION in scholarships in 2016. Check out their website at: https://www.ffa.org/participate/scholarships
Also check out their catalog of scholarships at:
- SallieMae Scholarships – SallieMae (a student tuition loan provider) awards more than 5 million college scholarships worth up to $24 BILLION in scholarship money. Check out their website at SallieMae.com/ScholarshipSearch
- MISSOURI FARM BUREAU Vocational Scholarship – 4 – $500.00 Scholarships
For more information – Click Here Deadline is March 31st
- SallieMae Student Loan – Fast approval process; typically within 2-3 business days.
For more information or to apply online at:
or call SallieMae at:
**Must have a start and completion date before applying for loan**
Loan Limits: Minimum – $1,000.00 — Maximum of $28,640.00 (or 60% above tuition)
Repayment Terms: Standard term is for 10 years (with no penalty for early payoff)
Deferment: Loans may be deferred up to 6 months after graduation
Borrower and Co-borrower Eligibility: US Citizen with Permanent US Residency. Co-Borrower must have a 650+ credit score.
Interests Rates: Varies depending on Borrowers and Co-Borrowers credit score.